These Oreo blondies with chocolate eggs are the perfect springtime treat. The cookies and chocolate eggs run through the blondies to create the perfect bite.
Oreo Blondies With Chocolate Eggs
I'm not sure if there is an official dessert to dub the first day of spring, but I'm going to go with these Oreo blondies. They are actually meant to be an Easter dessert, but they have enough overlap that it works for both. The Easter part of the dessert comes in the form of chocolate eggs. The Cadbury mini chocolate eggs might be my favorite candy. I don't celebrate Easter, so I don't really get the whole Easter egg thing (bunnies don't lay eggs!? So where do the eggs come into play), but I am 100% in with these chocolate eggs.
If you aren't familiar with the chocolate eggs, they are basically a better version of M&Ms. They are oval pieces of milk chocolate dipped in a super crunchy chocolate shell. They are only around in the springtime, so if you have never tried them, definitely get a pack soon and try them out before they are no longer available.
Oreo Blondies With Chocolate Egg Recipe
These blondies follow the same recipe as my Valentine's Day blondies and are similar to my summer blondies with white chocolate chips and cherries. When I made the Valentine's Day blondies, I had a brown sugar mishap, causing a quick substitution for coconut sugar. You can read all about the swap over on the Valentine's Day post, but I think I actually like this version better. The coconut sugar takes away a little sweetness but gives room for whatever topping that goes in the mixture to shine.
If you don't like coconut sugar, don't have any on hand, or both, just use all brown sugar in the recipe and one less egg yolk. You will still have the same outcome but it will be a tad sweeter (also, not a bad thing)
Blondies have become my new go-to for seasonal desserts. They have such a standard base and pretty much taste great with anything you want to put in them. They taste great with fruit, chocolate, and cookies. Also, these blondies would probably taste pretty good on their own due to the brown butter, which is basically like a flavor on its own.
Ingredients Needed To Make Oreo Blondies With Chocolate Eggs
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar - Keeps the blondies very moist.
- Coconut Sugar - Brown sugar will work if coconut sugar is not available.
- Eggs - one large egg, plus one egg yolk.
- Cake Flour - Allows the blondies to be nice and soft.
- Chocolate Eggs - Any chocolate candies will be a great substitute.
How To Make Oreo Blondies
1. Prepare: Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare an 8x8 baking pan with parchment. Set to the side.
2. Brown the butter: In a small saucepan, slowly melt the butter. The butter should foam, turn clear, and then brown. Make sure to continuously stir the butter while it is melting. Once the butter is brown, take the butter off the heat and pour it into a heatproof bowl to cool.
3. Mix the ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, combine the brown sugar, coconut sugar, egg, yolk, vanilla, and salt. Whisk together to combine and add in the cooled butter. When the mixture is combined, fold in the Oreos and chocolate eggs.
4. Add batter to the pan: Place the batter in the pan using a spatula. If the batter is lumpy, press it down to flatten it with a spatula or parchment paper. Sprinkle the remaining Oreos and chocolate eggs on top of the batter before putting them in the oven.
5. Bake the blondies: Bake the blondies in the oven for 35-45 minutes. When the blondies are ready, they will have a slight crinkle on the top.
6. Cool and enjoy: Let the blondies fully cool. Cut into even sqaures and enjoy!
Tips For Making Blondies
- Be careful browning the butter. This process works fast and can easily go from brown butter to burnt butter. Make sure to keep an eye on the butter when it is melting
- Don't go overboard on the filling. Stick to the ratio in the recipe and don't overload the blondies. They don't take away from the baking process but you don't want it to overpower the blondies.
- Save some of the fillings and scatter them on top. This way the toppings will be evenly distributed.
- These freeze well! If you have some extras, these will keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How To Store Oreo Blondies With Chocolate Eggs
The Oreo blondies will last about a week in an airtight container. They may get a little hard, but if you warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds, they will get that soft, gooey texture back.
You can also freeze the blondies. Store the blondies in an airtight container and place them in the freezer. The blondies will last in the freezer for about 2-3 months.
Yes! The blondies should be slightly gooey and soft in the middle. If they are hard and slightly dry, they are baked too long.
A blondie is flavored with brown sugar and vanilla while a brownie is chocolate and cocoa. Brownies typically are made with white sugar as well.
The Oreo blondies will last about a week after baking. Store them in an airtight container for peak freshness.
Check out the full recipe below and have a great Easter and first day of spring!
Oreo Blondies With Chocolate EggsCourse: DessertCuisine: SweetsDifficulty: Easy
Pack these brown butter blondies with Oreos and chocolate eggs for the perfect springtime treat.
10 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
¼ cup cake flour
6-8 crushed Oreos
1 10oz bag of chocolate mini eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare and line an 8-inch square baking dish with grease and parchment. Set to the side.
- Brown the butter. In a small saucepan on medium-low heat, melt the butter. The butter should foam, turn clear, and then brown. Make sure to continuously stir the butter while it is melting. The process should take 5-6 minutes depending on the heat. Make sure to watch the butter towards the end as it can burn very quickly. The butter is done when there is a nutty aroma to it. Once the butter is browned, take off the heat and pour it into a heatproof bowl. Let it cool while you prepare the batter.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the brown sugar, coconut sugar, egg, yolk, vanilla, and salt. Whisk to combine. Add the butter once it has cooled down. Fold in the flours. Once the mixture comes together, fold in the Oreos and chocolate eggs. Leave out some of the Oreos and chocolate eggs to sprinkle on top.
- Using a spatula, add the blondie batter to the pan. The dough will be very thick and sticky, don't worry. You can use a spatula to pat it down flat or some parchment paper to flatten it down. Once the batter is flat, add the remaining Oreos and chocolate eggs on top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. The blondies will crinkle on the top when ready.
- Let the blondies cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The blondies should last about a week.
- If you don't have coconut sugar just use all brown sugar instead (1 and ¼ cup brown sugar) and remove the egg yolk.
- If you don't have cake flour, use AP flour.
Did you make this recipe?! Let me know and share it on Instagram. Tag @crispcrumble and use the hashtag #crispandcrumble.
Leave a Reply