Happy 50% off on candy day! It’s the day after Halloween, so you know what that means. Tons and tons of leftover candy. Candy is great on its own, but it is even better surrounded by melted marshmallows and rice cereal. These leftover candy rice Krispy treats are the perfect way to consume all of your leftover candy!
The recipe is pretty versatile and can be used with whatever candy is around the house. I used Sally’s Baking Addiction and her classic rice krispy recipe for the base of this recipe. From there, I loaded it with leftover candy. I used all chocolate candy, but feel free to add in whatever you have!
Now the candy was truly all over the place. I added in about one cup of leftover candy in the middle, along with chopped up pieces on top. Most of it melted, creating this chocolaty, caramel, peanut butter goodness. This step is totally optional but SO delicious. If you just want to put the candy on top, make the recipe like normal and just place the candy on the top layer at the end.
I also chopped up some of the candy to make sure it was evenly distributed throughout the rice krispys. Again, this recipe is pretty adaptable so do whatever feels right.
These leftover candy rice krispy treats will last about 3-4 days in an airtight container before going stale. So, while they don’t last as long as the candy on its own, they are still worth making.
Check out the recipe below and let me know what candy you choose! Happy discount candy day!
Leftover Candy Rice Krispy Treats
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 10 oz bags of marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 9 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2-3 cups leftover candy, chopped
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment. Line the parchment with a thin coating of non-stick spray and set aside. This will make it easier to spread the rice cereal.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter is fully melted, add in the marshmallows. Add in the vanilla and the salt. Stir until the mixture is fully melted. It will look thick, but a little soupy. If you want to add some candy to the middle of the treats, do it now. The candy will most likely melt, but add more flavor depending on what candy you put in.
- Pour the mixture is in the prepared baking dish. Flatten it out with a spatula or use a separate piece of parchment paper to flatten it out. Top the treats with chopped up candy pieces and press them down into the treats. Add as many as you would like.
- Let the treats sit out for about an hour before cutting into them. If the chocolate gets very melty during the process, you can place the treats in the refrigerator to set.
- Using the sides of the parchment, lift the treats out of the pan. Cut into squares using a warm knife. The treats will last about 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Did you make this recipe?! Let me know and share it on Instagram. Tag @crispcrumble and use the hashtag #crispandcrumble.