These festive Christmas M&M Cookies are super soft, chewy, and the perfect treat to make for the holiday season. The red and green M&Ms turn a classic cookie into a festive treat.
These Christmas M&M Cookies will be a hit during the holiday season. They have a great texture as they are soft, chewy, and have a slight crunch, thanks to the holiday M&Ms. The red and green M&Ms easily make this cookie into a festive celebration.
Christmas M&M Cookies
Once you make these Christmas M&M Cookies, they'll have a permanent spot in your holiday cookie box. They are great to bring along to your cookie swap or to leave out for Santa. They are always a hit around the holiday season.
I love to add these Christmas M&M Cookies to the holiday mix because they are rather simple. Sure, hot chocolate cookies, chocolate peppermint cookies, and chocolate orange cookies are delicious, but there is something so special about biting into a rather basic cookie.
Why I Love These Christmas M&M Cookies
- Ultra Festive - The red and green M&Ms turn the simple cookie into a festive treat.
- A Childhood Favorite - There is something about an M&M cookie that brings you right back to your childhood.
- Perfect Texture - The cookies are soft, chewy, and have the perfect crisp around the edges.
Ingredients Needed For Christmas M&M Cookies
- Cornstarch - The secret to making the cookies soft.
- Eggs - An extra egg yolk makes the cookies rich.
- Christmas M&M - Stock up around the holidays for red and green M&Ms.
- Butter - Make sure the butter is soft.
- Brown Sugar - Gives the cookie a moist texture.
How To Make Chrismas M&M Cookies
- Prepare. Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set to the side.
- Mix Dry Ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set to the side.
- Cream butter and sugar. In a bowl, cream the butter for about 2 minutes. Then add the sugar, followed by the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, followed by the M&Ms.
- Form the cookies. Scoop the cookie dough onto the parchment and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Bake the cookies. Place the chilled cookie dough on the parchment and place in the oven. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until firm around the edges.
Make-Ahead And Storage
These cookies are super soft right out of the oven, but they can be made ahead of time! The cookies will last about 5-7 days in an airtight container. They can also be frozen both in cookie dough form and after they are cooked. If freezing before cooking, form the dough into balls and freeze in an airtight container. When ready to bake, add a few minutes to the cooking time in the oven.
Tips and Variations
- Festive M&Ms - Seek out the other holiday M&Ms during the year to make this festive cookie all year round. Go red and white for Valentine's Day or the spooky mix during Halloween.
- Cook Time - Don't let these cookies overbake in the oven. If anything, take them out before they look done, as they will continue to cook on the parchment out of the oven.
- Super Soft Butter- Make sure your butter is at room temperature when creaming it with the sugar. The soft butter makes the cookies soft.
Yes! These cookies are not just for Christmas. Switch it up and make them year-round with traditional M&M.
Sure! The chocolate chips plus the M&Ms will make these cookies a true mouthful of chocolate.
These cookies are very soft, so they might look mushy in the oven even when they are ready. Set a time and look to see if the edges are firm at around 10 minutes.
Christmas M&M Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½, 12 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag holiday M&M
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set to the side.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set to the side.
- In a medium-sized bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape the bowl down and add the sugar, followed by the eggs and vanilla. Continue to scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Add in the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Scrape down the bowl as needed. Add in the full bag of M&Ms and combine.
- Form the cookie dough balls in 1 tablespoon sized. Place the cookie dough balls on the prepared parchment and cover the cookie sheet with plastic wrap. Chill the cookie dough balls in the fridge for an hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and take the cookie dough out of the fridge. Bake the cookie dough for 10-11 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are set. Let the cookies cool on the cooling sheet for 10 minutes and continue to cool on a cooling rack.